Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The "Studying" Issue.

I don't know whether I have been cursed with procrastination or if it is simply how I am programmed to work.

It feels as though each time I sit down to do something productive, my body reacts negatively. Just now, I sat down with the intention of studying, and a migraine flared up. My throat is sore, and I feel as though I'm getting sick. Perhaps it's just a coincidence, but these kinds of things have happened for the majority of my life.

I've found the hardest thing for me studying abroad is time management. There is so much I want to do, and I'm finding that I'm caring about my grades less and less. This does not mean that I'm not a serious student, just that I want to enjoy myself rather than slave away for hours over the same five kanji that I forget how to write during each test. The other exchange students tell me I study too much, and when I hear about some of the things the other exchange students are doing, I'm wondering where my priorities should lie if they aren't in the proper place already.

I'm thinking about buying a small whiteboard and making a schedule on my door. (OCD much?)

If you were studying abroad, how would you spend your time?

I'd like to be fluent, but I'd like to have a social life as well. I know that not everyone who becomes fluent is a serious student that wastes away in his or her dorm room, but I feel that it's very hard to find a balance between serious studying, social life, and all that lies between. Is this because I'm just bad at managing my time, or do other people feel this way as well?

The answers aren't easy, and I knew they wouldn't be. I guess I'd better be more serious than I am now, but I need to relax and enjoy myself where I can.

Well, time to endure the headache and continue studying away.

No comments:

Post a Comment