Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Coffee, Chocolate, Shinsengumi, and Pervs.

There's nothing better than procrastinating homework with cheap chocolate, instant coffee, and mac'n'cheese. Well, the mac'n'cheese isn't made yet, but it certainly sounds delicious. Say what you may about my eating habits, It's the little things that make a stressful week a bit better. Well, by the little things, I mean comfort food.

I realized today that there is a strange sadness lingering in my apartment. I'm not sure if I'm just adjusting, or if there is a legitimate reason for this sadness. There are dogs outside whining and barking, cats meowing in heat for a mate, and old people struggling to walk inch-by-inch to the nearby grocery store. Is this what life looks like everywhere, and I'm just now starting to realize it?

All I want to do is sleep.

It must be the weather. Fall is blowing in the wind and turning leaves over crimson. My clothes don't dry in thirty minutes like they did before, but the breeze feels nice when it goes right through me.

I have a Shinsengumi tour this weekend. I just spent twenty minutes on the phone with a girl struggling to speak English while I struggled in Japanese. I wish there were a way to say, "You're speaking way above my level," but no matter how you word it, it sounds as if you're giving up. I don't mind using English to coordinate plans and events, but I would like to learn how to do these in Japanese. That's why I'm here, isn't it?

I also want to learn how to say, "Watch where you're looking, geezer." I'm not bragging about my chest, but if another man gawks at me like it's the first time he's seen a woman with breasts, I'm going to smack someone. I don't know why people don't understand that it's rude to stare. Perhaps this is me being close-minded, but maybe it has something to do with Japan's history of a patriarchal society.

Oy. I'm getting grumpy waiting for my mac'n'cheese to pop out of its box. I guess I need to start doing some homework.

Cheers for crappy coffee, cold nights, and food without friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment