Saturday, August 25, 2012

Sai-Sai Sayonara, Bye bye, Wait...See you later

Today is the last time that I will write from Japan. Well, the last time that I will write from my stay in Japan this time. I told myself, "This isn't goodbye, but see you later." Yet, it still feels heavy and surreal.

I am getting excited messages about my going home, but it feels as if I'm waking up from a dream. I remember landing in Japan nearly a year ago, but that memory in itself is hazy. It feels as though I've lived in this country for a majority of my life, and I feel essentially more at place here than I do in the States. I could talk about this in more detail, but while it might be cathartic, it's not the time nor the place.

In a few hours, I will be boarding a plane from Narita, and bound for the States. It feels like I'm going to sleep. My body is light, but my mind and heart are heavy. I'm going from life to a dream, and I'm uncertain of what will happen when I go home.

I want to preserve the memory of the Rurouni Kenshin Move, The L'Arc~en~Ciel concert, nights of karaoke, late-night drinking with friends, and everything I've learned.

From this point forward, I'll do my best.

I'm not going to give up until I make it back to this country.

Until I land in the states, See you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment