Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Rainbows, Kids, and English Immersion

I'm writing while sitting onthe floor of a hotel somewhere in Japan, listening to "Niji" by L'Arc~en~Ciel, and preparing myself mentally for another set of long days, happy faces, and tears.

English Immersion Camp is a great experience for those involved. I've been volunteering with the Kumon Company for a little while now, and my skills were finally put to the test a little over a week ago. The 6 Day camp began, and I have had the pleasure of working with many people from all over the world. Our journey together is far from over, as we have another four days to go starting tomorrow. Now, we all enjoy some down time, take some time to get back to our healthy selves, and enjoy our time together as human beings.

Working with Kumon on the journey for world peace through children has taught me a lot of things. I need to open my mind to more people, try new things, and listen.

The world is a big place, but we're all linked together as human kind. This means we must learn to love one another, respect one anothers culture, and ultimately, laugh together as we share in each others warmth.

I love the people I have met here with all of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment