Tuesday, August 30, 2011

One Week

I'm not counting the rest of today, but it's gut-wrenching to think that I have a week left in the States. It's not a bad feeling, but it's bittersweet. I feel homesick and I haven't even left yet. I can be talking to someone and looking them in the eyes and feel so far away from them. I already miss my family, boyfriend, friends, pets, and even people I don't associate with on a daily basis. I walk around the campus and feel like a ghost. I feel like I won't exist after I leave the states, and I know that's crazy. (Knock on wood.)

I've got some loose ends to tie up before I leave. I've still got a little shopping to do, which means that I'll have more things to pack as well. I have to wait for my visa and passport to arrive. They should be in on time, but it  makes me anxious to keep waiting. I'm still trying to figure out whether or not I have a place to live, purchase some items for my going away party, practice more kanji, and make everyone I know feel appreciated. It'll be rough, but I've gotta do it.

Contrary to all of the anxiety, I'm really excited about everything. I'm excited to be in Kyoto again. I'll get to spend time with Ai-chan's mom, decorate an apartment, and learn a language I've loved for years. I have to think of the good in all of this, too.

I'm tired from being on the road all day. Perhaps it's time for bed. Sorry for such a short entry!
-Macy

No comments:

Post a Comment